PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Urgent Help!!
Thread: Urgent Help!!
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2005, 08:48
Gary Lager

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps what you mean is (in your first post): will I be able to get away with it? (in the eyes of OASC, I mean).

Driving at 115mph, In an car for which you were not insured, and then deciding that lying to a police officer was a good idea, probably suggests that you will have more than those 2 problems at Cranwell/Dartmouth ...such as lack of maturity, disregard for rules, fairly poor decision-making ability and (surprise surprise) a slight lack of integrity.

As to what you can do - I am sure those more qualified than me to answer wrt the response of selection officers will do so, but I would suggest that all you can do is to be UTTERLY truthful and explictly honest when asked about said incident at selection.

If you don't feel you can manage that, and convince the chaps there that this attitude will in no way manifest itself during flying training, I sadly hope you don't pass; otherwise you may end up in the same airspace as me or even the same aircraft as one of my mates - not an appealing prospect based on the evidence so far.

Sorry mate, there are plenty of good candidates out there with integrity. If you are successful, think carefully about your approach to rules (how they DO apply to you), honesty (you WON'T always get away with it) and your responsibility to your crew/aircraft/taxpayers, some of whom may not survive next time you can't be bothered to do things properly.

Good luck