PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEC's at EK
Thread: DEC's at EK
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2005, 17:22
BYLAW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Payscale

You`re a typical EK man, think FOM!
Nothwistanding that EK FOM is probably the worst aviation document ever written. Don`t even think this is `the law` and `the rules` and therefore we should obey and be noble. Look at the cabin crew FTL, they are not of this world. Look at `general flight rules`, that chapter is simply the biggest joke ever.

Unfortunetely it`s the people behind the FOM, and the management that show there incapability to run an airline/flight ops. Instead they keep themselves busy with partypolitics, which means elbows and how not to get fired. How long do you think Tcas will last?

The command criteria change whenever they like. They probably change soon , because the current ones don`t match future and current growth. They don`t have anything to do with what`s `logical` or `general aviation criteria`. So Cerberus, I think , is right by saying that current experience criteria, ie flying hours, are not the best method of hiring pilots.

As for keeping the enormous amount of experience of the F/O `s dormant, there`s either a plan (doubt it) or plain stupidity. It`s a matter of using your own in house experience and employees versus people from outside. Guess what`s the best ( and cheapest) option.

I don`t write much on this forum, because I got to think of my next medical. But Payscale please, and others with the same argument that `if you don`t like it you should resign`, think again, and OUTSIDE THE BOX, thanks. I hope you know what that means.

Oh, and Ekwife, management doesn`t read Pprune. That`s criticism and that`s considered very bad in the Victorian Age management style that looks at there employees as costs and not as assets.

Better stick you`re head in the sand below Red dune, see no evil,.......

Happy fighting cheers