PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEC's at EK
Thread: DEC's at EK
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2005, 16:13
Ghostflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EKwife,

You are absolutely right, we should not slag off the airline without a clear idea of where our agenda leads. I think you quoted your husbands longevity as a measure of experience (you have deleted all you posts, so who knows!) You did say though 'The problem with posting on this forum is - if anyone posts anything positive they are in "la la land" and "still in the honeymoon period"'

I am still generally positive about EK but my confidence in DXB took a hit when my family's car was totalled on a roundabout. Not EK's fault but it removed my rose tinted specs. There is a 'honeymoon period', what happens is that when you first arrive you are massively positive. When I first got here all I could see were 'Mega-skyscrapers'. Now all I can see is the sand in between. It doesn't mean that I think EK is a bad job, I don't believe it is nor do I think all the wingeing on the site will change that. But....by coming to DXB you gain some things but give up home! Ask yourself whether you and hubs would have come to EK on an F/O's salary for 10 years and then maybe you might have a better insight into some of the other poster's complaints.

Ghost

Last edited by Ghostflyer; 23rd Jun 2005 at 17:21.