PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomsonfly FTE Scheme
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2005, 09:46
niraj.patel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your post Taiguin, it put a little smile on my face!

If the first BACX intake starts on the 1st of August, and the Britannia intake starts on the 25th of July, that's just one week's difference. I wouldn't have imagined two courses starting so close together. Anyway, you're definately doing the right thing OJ by taking BACX's offer, a bird in the hand and all that. Bet you're chuffed to bits, some nice work you must have done yesterday at your interview! Can I ask if you took seperate tests for BACX or were your Britannia results used?

Taiguin, no email from Denise yet, or FTE for that matter. (I also emailed FTE yesterday asking if they were any the wiser as to our situation).

Kev has kindly offered me Denise's number, but I have so far declined on the basis that if she is unable to answer my email, she'll be unable to answer my call. I'm sure she's doing the best she can, and I don't want to appear pushy for an answer, nor someone who panics.

Calling FTE is feasible, but no doubt they must be really busy with other applicants like OJ who have been accepted.

Kev, in my Phase 4 interview I was expressly told that there would be no collusion between the airlines. I was told that Britannia would make its offers and they would then hope that all offers would be accepted. I can't envisage anyone rejecting an offer from Britannia, but they may also have had a 'reserve list' in case one or more persons jumped ship to BACX or failed their medical (again, unlikely). However this is only what I was told by the Captain, that is not to say some sort of communication between the airlines is not taking place having regard to the steep competition.

Last edited by niraj.patel; 23rd Jun 2005 at 09:58.