PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomsonfly FTE Scheme
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2005, 18:16
niraj.patel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grass Strip Basher, yes Britannia (or Thomsonfly as I should say now) is a very people orientated company and from what I was advised by current cadets on the scheme was that personality is very important to them. In other words, having excellent PILAPT and maths scores is great, but if you're not a likeable person who a Captain would want to sit next to for hours on end, don't apply to Britannia.

We are all unsure about how many candidates made it to Phase 2, but 32 were invited to Phase 3, of which 18 were then invited to Phase 4. As far as we all know, it is Britannia's intention to recruit 10 of those 18.

I hope you are right on the relationship with BACX, that certainly would make sense. It would be in BACX's interests to interview the 8 that are not chosen by Britannia since those 8 had made it all the way to Phase 4 of Britannia, and therefore are potentially very good candidates for any airline. Although I doubt this crossover will happen unless insisted upon by FTE.

I presume you are not already a professional pilot, but are currently training or intend to train. If so, where are you training or where do you intend to train?

Niraj.