PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEC's at EK
Thread: DEC's at EK
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2005, 15:13
330 Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LHR rain,
Sorry bud but I have to get into the mix after your last post.
Although true SOME of the DEC's fall into your profile listed in your last post, most do not.

Quote:
"I don't know if your husband is qualifed or not but if he fits the DEC profile he never flew a widebody and never flew outside of Europe but your situation may differ. Every DEC I flew with meets the critera metioned above."

I can tell you that of the 3 DEC's from my former company flying with EK on the 330/777, 2 have wide body time and are both former TRE's, one on the 330 and one on the 767, and each have over 20,000 hours. The one with no wide body time has over 16,000 hours and is a former TRE on the 320 and 737.

Where in your above profile do the former Cathay 340 Captains rate, or the former Senior TRE on the 340 from Swiss, or the former 330 Captains from Air Lingus, or the 747 Captains from the various cargo companies who are now here? I will grant you that some of the DEC's do not come close to meeting the experience level of some of our current F/O's, whose jobs they have taken. Those DEC's should not have been hired. PERIOD

But you can not make a blanket statement like yours regarding every DEC. It is not true, and not fair. You would have taken a DEC job with EK in a heart beat if you qualified. Do not expect any of us to believe otherwise.

As for EK wife, if she is like my wife who has been in this business with me for 20 years, she probably knows more than you think. To tell her she does not have a clue about this industry is rather crass on your part. I received a yellow card last month from 4HP, perhaps is your turn. You need to chill!

Regards,

330 Man