PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing , Boeings , gone.
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2005, 16:15
brucelee

hybypass.
I'll try and answer some of your questions as best I can. I'm not an expert and my memory might not be all that great but I'll try.
On question1: There are many speculations on why AC bought CP but it is widely believed that the Liberals had much to do with it. A political stunt is usually difficult to defeat. Add to this, R. Milton's greed and the rest is history. I'm fine with all that but the seniority issue should have been dealt with internally, the way it's been done in the US(TWA,American) and decisively with no further ability for review. This issue has now been dragging on for five years and it ain't over yet.
Question 2: If I'm not mistaken, any new equipment brought in to the company has to be renegotiated. The salary as a whole is up for review in 2009 but all other factors are negotiated at the time the equipment is on paper.
Question 3: AC management under RM has followed the philosiphy of divide and conquer. Split the group any way you can, weaken them. Read his book, you will get the impression this guy does not like pilots or unions. He should be running a low cost carrier.