PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomsonfly FTE Scheme
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2005, 09:20
Troydi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lufthansa Scheme

Hi there - a little off topic, but it was asked, and I thought I'd spread a bit of light on the Lufthansa scheme. I started another thread to it here

If, by the end of all the selection procedures, you are selected for Lufthansa, they will train you up. This includes Ground school and flying training. If you get a job with them afterwards, you will have to pay a proportion back. It's a guaranteed job, but you will have to wait a while to start it (and you'll have to keep yourself current). You have to pay all your own living costs, and as the course follows the same style as the college system over there, it takes about 2 years.

The downside - it's all in German. All of it. Which is a little worrying at the moment, because my German doesn't extend to Physics and Aircraft Technical - yet. I'm booked for the selection tests in August, so I have a bit of time to learn the vocab The tests, by all accounts look tricky. We're looking at 1 and a half days of aptitude, maths, hand-eye etc

Thought I'd give you a little bit of info. If you want any more, feel free to PM me, or post on the other thread. I don't really want to hijack this thread!

On that note - I don't know how I'd have gotten this far without this thread! Guys, you're lifesavers!

Troydi