PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas: The Next Round
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2005, 23:54
RPPT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holding on,

Only QF recruiting can shed any meaningful 'light' on your situation. I don't work in recruiting, so I don't know. The reason/s why you haven't received any correspondence in the time frame you thought was reasonable could be any one of dozens. I understand your frustration, but can I suggest you look at it from their point of view.

The harsh reality of your situation is that you are in a very competitive environment, and I'm sure you are aware of that already. Just because you have jumped through most of the hoops in no way guarantee's you progression to reference checks or the "Thanks, but no thanks" letter in a time frame suitable to yourself. The company has numerous issues to consider when seeking to employ new pilots. These can be training resources, expansion predictions, current economical constraints etc.

The biggest factor for you, and those in your situation, is the fact that if someone finishes the sim/interview/medical process the day after you, and they are rated ahead of you because of their scores, then they move ahead of you on the totem poll. It's as simple as that. What you have to hope for is that those coming after you rate lower than yourself. Don't get too engrossed as to the why's and how's - it's too late and you're wasting your time because there is nothing you can do about it anyway. Be happy that you've given it your best shot and just hope like hell that it will be good enough. I've been there myself, so I know how you feel. Good luck.

Last edited by RPPT; 20th Jun 2005 at 04:54.