PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing , Boeings , gone.
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2005, 22:26
Grubby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tan, hmmmmm, let me read back to my old posts. Nope, nope. wow, where did I say, or you infer I had asserted "that seniority had nothing to do with it" ? Your second sentence covers it fairly well, and I agree "For sure it wasn’t the whole story but it sure played a part in this vote outcome."

It is hard to explain all the "stuff" that has happened in the past prior CCAA, during, and since. Prior to CCAA was the merger, and all sorts of concessions, contract manipulation during that period also. An irritation was definately the merger, and seniority issues. The general feeling that I have gathered, and quoting someone else " we have become PWA, CP and CAIL". I could not agree more. CCAA was as inevitable for us upon the declaration of that merger as it was for CAIL on taking Wardair. We just bought their problems, their debt, and a snotty attitude of entitlement, in SOME, actually a lot of their people. That is part of the problem, but it is not the issue that has decided the NO vote.

I do not believe that the vote spit down red/blue lines. I don't believe that the OAC group should have hijacked (oops) the seniority issue agenda for that vote either. I am not alone in this thinking, and many, probably most of the old Red types are more in line with my thinking that yours, in my recent experience. They all can't be lying to me.