PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing , Boeings , gone.
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2005, 18:01
brucelee

Attempt after attempt (I've lost count) with the CIRB has failed to provide justice. I can tell you that a large number of original AC pilots have lost so much seniority, they feel they have been raped. The numbers don't lie. No other group has suffered the losses the OAC pilots have and I guess enough is enough. The original CP pilots did the same thing when the Mitchnik award came out. They fought back and successfully overturned Mitchnik and achieved an award which will affect all OAC for the rest of their careers. There has got to be a middle of the road settlement. That's what we agreed upon before the CIRB a few years ago. Sending a message will, if nothing else, prove that in the future, any vote will have the seniority cloud over it. This vote was probably not that important to the company to begin with. They are making money now with the egsisting equipment and will continue to do so in the future. Maybe the next vote will be more important. Make no mistake, there is strength in numbers.