PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing , Boeings , gone.
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2005, 09:39
Tony Clifton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excellent!

Lost in Saigon hit the nail on the head. NO MORE CONCESSIONS!

Why were 320 overtime rates negotiated into the deal?
Why are the 787's cancelled? Their rates weren't even in the deal? And there's still 5 years before they show up.
Bunks, no J-class seat, 1050 hours a year, MORE pilots into the B-scale Position Group?
What was in it for us? Where is our "cost neutral" benefit?

There is a contract that AC INSISTED be signed until 2009 for "stability"; it contains processes for dealing with these exact situations. So follow it. End of story.

Its called called "negotiating" for a reason.
AND, there is an arbitration process that they could still follow when the negotiating stops.
AC management has chosen not to follow this path. So be it.

Why should we bend over and take it again?

If it came down to the pilots being the make-or-break cost of these new planes, I think its best we didn't get them because we definately couldn't afford them. Especially in a world of $58 a barrel oil.
Shame the proposed 30% operating cost savings weren't enough to keep the pilots concessions down.

I didn't see the F/A's renegotiating their contract. Hmm; I think there's how many? 14+ of them going for a ride in these new toys too. Why not take them for 1/5th the $ they needed from the pilots and leave the poor RP to STILL make less than most of them!!!

I'm glad this was voted down. Hope the stock tanks (and stays down) on Monday and Uncle Miltys 30+mill in stock options go with it.

How long do we have to be lead by this incompetent managment team anyway? Doesn't a company usually get rid of the guys who lead them into bankruptcy after its over?

I'm glad the pilots are starting to grow some testes and speak with one voice against the raping.

And don't think the OAC Keller movement had much sway here. We're not so stupid as to think killing the Boeings will take Keller down.
This was a BAD offer, and we'd rather take our chances with arbitration.

I think this is purely AC taking it to the next level of pressure.
If they really want to expand overseas they can't just very well pick up a copy of Trade-a-Plane and find 777's or 340's can they?

No more concessions.

Tony.