PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Duxford.
Thread: Duxford.
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2005, 22:12
G-KEST

Awesome but Affordable

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Unhappy

I am utterly amazed at some of the posts on this thread.

We have in Duxford one of the worlds most exciting living aviation museums as opposed to the huge number of dead ones where mouldering airframes gather dust and only the ghosts of past times are often present.

There are few facilities like this elsewhere in the world who allow private or club aircraft to drop in for a visit that is invariably a magic experience for all on board. I have seen how busy the AFIS is at times and how awkward the presence of pilots waiting to pay their landing fees could be. As someone has remarked there is the noddy train available if one is challenged in the mobility area however it cannot take more that five minutes to stroll along to the entrance to pay the fees. Why on earth should there be a dedicated position for those pilots flying in, as opposed to those folk driving in, to pay. Snob's rule...not with me; all who visit Duxford, whether by air or by road, have made an effort to see one of the jewels in the UK's heritage aviation crown. Enjoy it for what it is.

For goodness sake stop knocking in a public area the best thing in UK heritage aviation; otherwise I fancy there just might be a backlash from the IWM management that would do no one any good.

If you do feel you have a justifiable complaint then privately contact the appropriate person whose email address has been posted on the thread. Richard Ashton has come from an organisation that has a huge membership and where he must have honed his customer relations skills so let him deal with your perceived problem in a civilised fashion on a person to person basis.

Cheers,

Trapper 69