PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - pilot shortage
Thread: pilot shortage
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2005, 01:17
RINGAdingding

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snoop

Rock!!

3000 hours can mean a miriad of life experiences for many different pilots in Emirates!! From flying inverted at 50 ft AGL in an A10 tank buster in the Gulf war staying inverted to navigate "SAFELY" at ultra low levels so as not to be pinged by missile fire ALL with the grand total of 400 hours at the grand old age of 20!!!!!! to flying a cessna 172 at 100km at 13000ft kicking parachutists out of the aircraft when pilot in command of that aircraft at the age of (you guessed it) 20!!

However through the twisted miles of time and eventual experience and the "so Called" even playing field banner that we are all recruited under at emirates! we are all subjected to this menatility of the more hours the better!!

so does the the Quality of the flying experience really matter at Emirates? "the worlds FOREVER almost nearly favourite airline" The answer is a resounding NO NO NO!!

A pilot wanting to join Emirates airlines as an FO/or DEC especially the latter can now join with lots of hours as a PILOT but maybe no LIFE experiences or (dare i say it) character building experiences to warrant the latter position!!

I am not saying that EX military pilots are primo pilotus extraordinare!! BUT surely a line has to be drawn as to what is exeptable for DEC and what sort of experience can be drawn from the huge pool of EXPERIENCED pilots who have been tried and tested and NOT!! been found wanting in the present "SO called experienced F/O pilot pool!!!!

Come on "FOREVER almost nearly managers of a self professed almost nearly worlds favourite airline""get your excreta in a pile and start to realize that experience is under your very large turned up noses!! and not in the streets of TIMBUK****ING TU!! PAY if you do want the REAL experience !! 50000plus with 60 space shuttle landings in a 3000ft airfield. But how do you attract those sort of people?? OH yes i know. 1)Offer them 3 pay scales higher than a present scale 1 captain "why not he's not gunna leave"
2)offer an outrageous sum of money to attract this EXPERIENCE!! (take OUTRAGEOUS how you want!!)

Tell everybody that we are in the process of cutting allowances AGAIN especially at Heathrow and Munich!! By the way this goes down REAL well with all the front line crews!! so dont worry your little cost cutting cotton socks about that one!!

Experience can only be truly measured by how an individual performs over a progressive period of time and can not be measured by XXXXXX number of hours from an outside source and be given a position as commander of our companies' aircraft simply because of this "QUANTITY" criteria.

morale within this company is already waning, motivation is at an alltime lowest!! Hence the requirement for the TD purser letter (a pep me up would be better than heads will roll letter) but this is a sidestep!!

Motivation,inspiration and a desire to succeed are key elements for ANY i repeat ANY (starting to sound like my company notams!)
employees,for long term success of a company.

One thought before i get off the soap box!!

"PAY PEANUTS GET MONKEYS" personally i prefer to paid in £, AUS$,US$,EURO.

BUT

KEEP DISCOVERING

Last edited by RINGAdingding; 18th Jun 2005 at 01:31.