PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bond Offshore
Thread: Bond Offshore
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2001, 13:46
roundwego

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ally1987 (and many others I suspect) is missing a major issue in his post of 16 September 2001 at 11:29. Bond will only need pilots if they get work on the North Sea. As there is very little new work around, they will only get this work if an oil company terminates an existing contract with CHC or BHL and gives it to Bond ( I don't believe CHC would willingly sell anything to Bond).

I suspect one of the majors is going to give Bond a significant part of their existing work at the expense of CHC. The oil companies have been extremely dissatisfied at the poor service they have been getting and yes, we know it is mainly their fault due to them driving the rates down but the rates have been going up recently. The oil companies find themselves in the same situation as they did in the 70's - paying rising rates for a service which is not getting better. CHC is, in the oil Companies' mind inflexible, lacking in initiative and not reactive to their needs. They are desperate for more competition. I think Bond is in a good position to charge premium rates.

When CHC looses contracts it will have a surplus of pilots. TUPE rules will apply and Bond will be obliged to take on the redundant pilots. Bond will probably cherry pick but it will have to pay the going rate. That is why it is important that any pay deal is finalized sooner rather than later.