PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas; the thread.
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2005, 23:57
qcc2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"F" module

before you make comments that LH crew are not competetive in ther international market, pls do your home work. i can assure after doing my home work qf lh crew are extremely competetive.
even after all the cuts the US carriers had qf lh crew are still cheaper then their lowest no frills carrier. i dont want to even think about all the european carriers, which most have much higher wages and a fully funded government pension plan. asian carriers (sq, cp) are not much different, they may have a slightly smaller wage scale but get a lower tax rate, more crew, full health benefits and many other subsidies and pensions. other carriers like malaysian, garuda, southern china are part of developing countries and get heaviliy subsidised by their respective governments. we will never ever be able to compete with those carriers. air new zealand cabin crew earns less then qf lh crew but significantly more then qf akl based crew (thats why every time there is an opening now in air nz akl based qf lh jump)and it took one mr. norris (new head of COM bank) to bring back the airline from a total disaster (guess who had a major input in that disaster, yes one lesley grant, shadowed as always by a certain julie lampert-whatever). and most of you would have noticed qf has been the dumping ground of all those managers from ba and an/air nz which got retrenched, fired because of their incomptence. aren,t we lucky in qf.