PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas; the thread.
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2005, 23:48
peanut pusher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why mention it.....tow truck

Why mention it if you can't say what happened in this great reportable incident ?
Was it the Thai crew member who has the SYD CSS on sexual harrasment in the conversation or just the same old bag the crap out of LHR base because you can.
Maybe it was the detour around Manchester story another fool made up? How about the 4 Aus crew who were sacked in LHR? No, please facts only no more BS tow truck, still can't see what all the fuss is about.
Contractors have a 11 month contract, contract finishes and the deal in completed as per the contract. Was the contract cut short = no, were they told it was a contract for 11 months = yes, were they told it was a full time job = no. Most returned to the airport jobs and MAM casual.
Funny did you know most of the mam casuals who did the 11 month contract were the casuals trained to work in our industrial dispute 3 years ago and would of scabbed on L/H at the drop of a hat back then.
Why is it most Aus based crew think crew came to LHR for the company, I came here for myself, I couldn't give a crap about the company.
I have a small export business in Thailand and have family in England.
I weighed it up like this, 2 years going to the places I want to or fighting a loosing battle at home flying to nowhere.
The company would of opened the base with 100% UK nationals, so it suited me for 2 years to go to LHR,
Fact, of the 180 UK hired crew, 70% are aussies with Uk passports or family history enabling a work visa.
Nothing against my home port just have to play the game with the cards your delt and not the ones you wish or I'd be back home in a flash.
Just my thoughts on a few things.