PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Woomerii's Comment.
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2005, 21:24
Wizofoz

Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts
Kap,

If you were to publish defamatory comments about a group of which I am a member, you damage my reputation and I, as an individual, would have a cause of action, as would every other member of that group. Whether individual members of said group wished to take out a class action, or proceed with individual claims , would be up to them not you.

I would also point out that the action of a moderator removing personal insults from your posts after publication would not protect you. Once the genie is out of the bottle, it stays out.

Don't get me wrong, I have absolutley no intention of pursuing you or anyone for comments made about me or any group I'm involved with, but if I were you I would seriously ask myself whether my conduct had been so blemish free as to not leave myself open should legal action be instigated.

I have no idea who Flying Ninja is, and I don't agree with his methods. I would just ask you to consider that your aggressive, insulting, condesending and often contradictory style taken against people you disagree with or who disagree with you (I saw an exchange today regarding a 767s nosewheel in which you launched into someone for no justifiable reason as an example) leads to resentment and extreme dislike. To get prissy and litigious when someone exceeds YOUR boundaries is, to my mind, a smidge hypocritical.