PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Woomerii's Comment.
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2005, 20:29
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you again for your kind words, and support, Omaha.
Yes, occasionally this place gets hotter than Jet Blast (to the casual observer). Why even scrubed is here, to keep a check on everyones' punkchewashun and spieling!
As far as I'm aware, both parents were Caucasian (Anglo-saxon)...as far as I'm aware. Do you have any Aussie in you?

Wiz, the insults from your mate - I presume you know him - were directed solely at me eg. "You are xxxxx", not "I think.." nor "in my opinion", and over a long period of time, after making sure he had positively established my true identity.
"The publication of defamatory matter is an actionable wrong at common law or by statute, the purpose of which is to vindicate and protect the reputation of the person defamed. For the loss of reputation defamation is ordinarily the only action. Where a person’s reputation is injured by such a defamatory publication, the law in all jurisdictions provides a remedy in the form of damages or, more rarely, by way of injunctive relief.
The common law distinguishes between libel, where the defamatory statement is made in writing or some other permanent form, and slander, where it is communicated orally or in some other transient form.2 In an action for libel, the law presumes that damage will result from the very act of publication.
"

You are referring to cases that may involve a class action suit.