PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe Purchase EMB195 (merged)
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2005, 10:27
easyswimmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes of course i didn't fly with all the trainers, and I said there were some good guys - but overall my opinion is that flybe's training is poor to very poor, becasue of the resources given to it. Surely the best attitude toward training is that the airline strives to give the best, highest level of training reasonably possible - that everything was done to ensure a safe opperation. If it went wrong on the day, then nothing more could reasonably been done to avoid the outcome. Can you say you believe that is the case throughout the training department at flybe?

You may give extra helpful instruction -that is to be appluaded, but it ain't the standard for the airline. Not all the line trainers are giving the same level of training.

Not being able to bug mimima is a shambles. It is unprofessional to accept that a pilot may have another go if they cock it up becasue they didn't have the altitude in the scan that we are all trained to use. Give the bloke/glokess a fair crack and give them everything to help them not bust minima - cos for real you may only do it once. It may be legal to have another go, but it harldy makes you feel very good having to repeat things.

Are there any other flybe troops new or old with me on this?

I can see we won't agree on this, and you are naturally going to defend your position as a trainer. Sadly my opinion has been reafirmed by your comments that the airline is legal, but not professional.