PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singapore Airlines has a secret agenda.
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2005, 08:55
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
404 and Titan. When the car industry was deregulated, did you stand on the picket lines and say "This is a national disgrace! I am prepared to pay an extra $1000 to buy a Holden, no matter how crappy it is, because it is in the national interest"?

With the greatest of respect, of course you didn't!!!!!! You took your discount and looked the other way!!! this is despite the fact that the car industry at the time employed about five times what Qantas did!!!!!!!!!

And yet you have the GALL to suggest that you are a special case?????????????????????????????

I couldn't give a flying f*%^ if you are Qantas, Ansett VB or whoever, but you cannot embrace "globalisation" in some industries while refraining from it in your own.

If you are to be true to your supposed beliefs, you will oppose ALL trade liberalisation, which of course you won't do.

And furthermore, how many of you arew refusing to fly with cabin staff who are not Australian and based in Australia? And when you heavy maintenance moves to China, how many of you are going to refuce to flu the aircraft??????

That, my friends, is total hypocrisy, nothing more, nothing less..

Furthermore, there is good economic theory that says if someone is stupid enough to sell you product at less than the price of production, then you are stupid not to accept it.

We can always rebuild Qantas later, and do it without the stench of S$%# that surrounds it.

To put it another way so that you understand it, you are total hypocrits, but of course QF didn't teach you anything except flying did they?

To put it another way, where you stands depends on where you sit. You demonstrate this beautifully. If SIA offered all of you Captains positions with lots of $$$$ you would change your tune immediately.

Last edited by Sunfish; 13th Jun 2005 at 09:19.