PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe Purchase EMB195 (merged)
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2005, 11:58
jarjam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your right er82, maybe some people are happy to work for flybe for ever, i'm not sure if i'm one of those people yet but i have til my bond is paid off to make up my mind.
I do feel that a lot of people leave because they feel so hard done by and also because they hear stories from friends about how they get paid millions each year and only have to work 6 days a month. Something I thought about rescently was that if i dont get to fly a 757/767/A321/A330 til i'm 30 that still gives me 25 years to be bored half to tears flying 4.5 hour sectors down to Larnaca in the middle of the night, I have to say the thought was slightly depressing.
I think that the kind of flying we do at flybe is probably the most fun you are ever going to have in an airliner for example at Monarch when the A/P goes in at 400' which is company SOP I was recently informed by one of their captains.
I dont begrudge any one who wants to progress their career but if the salary is the driving force behind your ambitions maybe a career in IT or property developing would have been more suitable. In airlines like flybe people will come and go a lot of the problems are self perpetuating (Roster Turbulence) it would be nice to see somebody posting an appreciative comment for flybe helping them get that shiney Jet job.

Last edited by jarjam; 12th Jun 2005 at 12:16.