PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe Purchase EMB195 (merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2005, 14:45
er82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess i'm an easy target on here, because everyone knows who I am. Think of the 90 odd that have left. Were they all wrong to go? Were all their personal opinions and choices wrong?
I guess it's what you want from flying that will make up your mind whether you stay or go. You might be happy with a command on the Dash, and a house by the sea. I'd like to get on a jet, and earn some decent money.
It comes to something when a company won't even offer a decent disruption pay - says great things about how they think they'll be managing such disruption in the future!

As for going on about me wetting my pants when I got offered this job however long ago it was. Well, everyone has to start somewhere, and getting your foot on the ladder is the biggest hurdle. Whether you stay on that ladder or transfer to one which will take you much higher - personal choice. And yes, I was very grateful and always will be to FlyBe for giving me that chance, but it certainly doesn't mean I'm indebted to them forever.
I might have a groan on here, or flyingbe, but I've never been late for work, have accepted all kinds of crap roster changes, and
have spent many many nights away from home. I think I've done my service.

Good Luck to you getting your command. Hope FlyBE treats you well.