PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe Purchase EMB195 (merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2005, 08:39
er82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, totally true, when I started it was the perfect job. But, like pretty much everyone else who has already gone, it was the disruption and night-stopping, and not too good pay that's made me leave. Why stay for a command on the Dash when I can get RHS earning pretty much the same? And it'll be on a jet. Not much competition really between the two - although quite obviously that's a personal choice.

To be honest, I didn't expect to be leaving FlyBE within 3 yrs, so wasn't at all expecting them to pay for my type-rating and then sod off. I'll be £300 a month worse of till it's all paid off. My problem, no-one elses. But to be fair, it's a bit harsh saying I'm leaving the company and ex-colleagues in the lurch. The way it's worked out, I've given 4 months notice. Plenty of time to hire someone new. The reason why there are lack of crews at the moment is because of FlyBE's lack of foresight. Was it not only last November we were all being offered part-time, because according to him that knows all, we were overcrewed?!?!
To go from being in that situation to the one we are in know - had it happened in any other company, there would have been some sacking going on!!

With these extra 40 odd Dash's coming our way, it turns out we need to be training 10 pilots a month. No doubt these will all be newbies with 250hrs (I'm not knocking it, because I once was one), and the company will very soon have an experience level that is so low some would start to question it.
As it happens, it's inlikely this 10-a-month will ever be met, and more flights will be cancelled because of lack of crew, much like they are being this weekend.

There are a few guys in this company I've not flown with, but unfortunately haven't had the chance. I'm just afraid I don't know who you are, but you're probably one of them......

Oh, and just for chuckles.... the new hangar in EXT...... the 195 won't fit in it!