PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another Channex incident.
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2001, 23:15
Genghis McCann

I started my flying career at Channex and they are a great outfit. I had 3 indicated engine fires with them (turned out to be faulty wiring)! I can assure you that it was not like the simulator as we did not have one!

Channex, in common with many freight operators, fly old aircraft that tend to get more problems than newer specimens. It is most unfortunate that Barcode and others look at Channex and think they are a shambles - nothing could be further from the truth. They were great employers and very professional. They have had a number of safety incidents but do not be fooled by that. They are operators of the highest standard but fly old aircraft in dreadful weather at night with limited avionics equipment. Anyone who has been on the inside will tell you that they have a high failure rate in training and demand the highest standard of their crews.

It is not good to read such misinformed comments from people who are not qualified to make a judgement on the company. I wish everyone there every success in the future and congratulate the crew on their skillful handling of a difficult sitation.