PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sk 1225
Thread: Sk 1225
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2005, 23:37
Yeager

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haha.. I have to reply to this post.. I like your question.

As an ex-Q400 SAS pilot, I can confirm that SAS is quite serious about the jumpseat policy. That being said once in a while, like with any (most) companies there are exceptions, and captains (and of course with the acceptance of the F/O) who might accept you on the jumpseat. Ask and you might get it - if u do not ask you definately will not get it, as you know.

It would not be the right thing for me to publish where the Crew stay in Aalborg, but it is not far from Jomfru Anne gade (god, I cant remember how that is spelled in Danish!, sorry).

There will prob., be 2-3 crew staying there at anyone time. The cabin crew (which I am confident is your main objective ) are not necessarly that keen on hankie pankie, but no doubt that lots of other girls will be.

Finally I must give you my own oppinion on Aalborg. I find it quite primitive (eg. not very sophisticated), which ofcourse does have its advantages - if thats one is up for If you want so called "good girls" (beautiful, nice, smiling, attitude (good)) then head for Aarhus (the second biggest city in Denmark (that being prob. like 3-500.000 inhabitants).

In Copenhagen head for Nyhavn (aka "new harbour") - its just downtown close to the OLD Opera House and Magasin (shopping place). On a Friday do not miss cafe Zeze (close to Nyhavn) - lots of nice/beautiful chicks (a bit tricky though due to it being a capital and they know it, and all that sort of things). Later on, in Copenhagen, you can try out Cafe Ketchup (sorry spelling), which still is pretty heap I suppose (not a personal favourite though). Otherwise to hang out for a few beers etc, on a sunny day, head for Noerrebro (danish O with a "/" through it) and the plaza of Sankt (Saint) Hans Torv (plaza) (that was a bit of Danish teaching as well! )

For brunch (and nice neigbourhood for trendy girls) try Cafe Hoeghs (again Danish O with the "/" through it) in Vestrebro. In general brunch is quite good in Denmark, also in Aalborg. Cant remember the name but there is definately a nice spot, on a kind of square in Aalborg, with a few cafe/restaurants. Sorry - forgot the name of it. It overlooks a church from there (big white christian one!).

Anyways enjoy your time in Denmark.

Best regards from Buenos Aires (vacation)
Claus

Patty,

Send me a private message, eg. check your Pprune email account, and I will see what I can do!

Best regards,
C