PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas; the thread.
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2005, 21:29
str

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree but not sure about closing the BKK base. The LHR base should definately go, several of my mates where on the fixed term contracts and now have no job at all due to the opening of the LHR base (BTW everyone all is happy there, but ERIC seems to think all is hunky dory)

I also wouldn't mind increasing working hours and even reducing some conditions in order for jobs to stay in Australia. But at the moment the company is reducing conditions AND moving jobs overseas.

They can talk about market conditions blah..blah... all they want. At the end of the day my group certificate reported around $50k last year. I'm very junior so have no control over my roster, am on a crappy base pay and super plan. There are very few crew earning $100k per year (as someone else mentioned they earn). Good on them for making that much but I know I will never earn that much doing this job but I don't expect to earn less than minimum wage when I am always working overnight, weekends, public holidays etc. I don't mind doing the shift work if I am making over $50k and can afford to pay the mortgage, anything less than that and I might as well go and work in an office.

Come on guys get writting letters and send them everyday to every publication until someone listens!