PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline now hiring - CPLs
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2005, 04:30
swh

Eidolon

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Squid,

Dont know then mins per say, just hear they are taking metro and twin otter guys. Seen a requirement of ICAO ATPL/1500 hrs total on PARCs website.

Think about US$11k per month, apparently about 10% tax.

Guys I have talked to had a number of concerns working there, and upgrade from FO to Capt requires something like 500 LANDINGS, with 14 hr sectors, heavy crews you would be lucky to get 2 a month. Locals can do short haul stuff so it advantages them. Can have local capts with 3-4000 hrs total.

Expect to go where the Wx is poor, locals will do the Oz trips.

I have not worked for them, just talked to guys that have left, so the story I am getting is from ex-employees, take that into account, do your own research. I have been to TPE a number of times, it takes a visit to appreciate the place, I dont like the smog, but thats me.

On the plus side understand China Airlines lets the guys travel back to Oz business on the gen dec, so they come in as crew which saves $$$ and good for the tax man as your "operating crew" not a pax.

Type ratings obtained in China Airlines and Eva are not recognised most places as they are not ICAO.

Last edited by swh; 9th Jun 2005 at 04:42.