PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Physical effects of flying......
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2005, 18:54
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Support tights - to aid circulation (Believe it or not you can find sexy ones too!!)

Stretch and do a bit of exercise - to alleviate the stress on my back caused by manual handling

Wear comfortable shoes at all times - saves my feet and my back

Moisturise face/hands etc and avoid foundation/powder that blocks the skin pores - I don't want to look 50 when I reach 30!!

Drink plenty of water - for the same reason

Avoid junk food on board - saves my waist and further trips to the uniform store!!

At the first signs of a cold I do lots of steam inhalations - my ears don't get blocked so easily as before

Take vitamins and wear warm clothes in the winter - I only had one cold this winter

Stay at home when I am sick - so I don't spread germs around and save my colleagues from catching the bug!!

When I was flying long-haul only I found that sleeping and eating whenever I felt like was easier on me than when I used to plan my sleep/tried to get back into a routine. Probably the wrong thing to do, some might say, but it worked much better on me.

Last but not least having a friend who can understand how frustrating/annoying some situations at work can be and who can empathise with you can reduce work-related stress considerably. As an alternative, company counselling service is great too, but I have found that a friend's voice is more likely to do the trick!!

FBW

Last edited by flybywire; 7th Jun 2005 at 21:37.