PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK
Thread: CORK
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2005, 14:22
WHBM

Received 44 Likes on 24 Posts
I've used Cork many times over the years and went through again last Friday (June 3). Although the building is the same as a few years ago it has obviously been "let go" and seemed a mess. The baggage belts are covered with more sticky baggage labels than I think I have ever seen before - the excuse of "new terminal next year" is surely no excuse for not cleaning them now. Likewise the buffet upstairs - just not kept tidy.

Outside the terminal in the mess of new roads the temporary signage to the Great Southern Hotel was pointing in the wrong direction which wasted 10 minutes of our time (but unfortunately for an airport hotel it's not worth the walk).

On what must have been one of the busiest evenings of the year so far one of the two security stations had broken down although the staff on the spot were trying to be making the best of the situation, speaking pleasantly and competently to everyone (contrast to Dublin). We even were in the minority who got an apology (possibly because of being in a suit) for the queue from the security pre-screener. When you compare the squitty little area allocated to security, and the far larger space alloted to selling plastic Leprechauns, you have to wonder what business airports are actually in.