PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thinking of China?
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2005, 14:24
Ivan Urge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinking of China?

A friend of mine who works in China sent me this true account of a situation that occured recently. This guy is Mr Cool; he has wrestled wild wenches from Fiji, pulsed with Polynesian Princesses from Pago Pago and tamed Tongan temptresses. Nothing rattles his cage, but this did;

The day after I spoke to you I was on my bike to meet a few friends for a day of cycling & mucking around. On my way to meet them a stupid Chinese s**ty crossing the road (not looking as usual) ran then stopped dead in her tracks in front of me & I had no option but to glance her leg with my front wheel....ever so lightly I might add as I was going uphill at the time. She put on a great act of Acadamy award proportions and was clearly not hurt in anyway as impact was not much more than walking pace. I chuckled because I thought she was deliberately acting by falling over but she sized everything up instantly after seeing a foreigner & suddenly had more sinaster things on her mind...you guessed it - money!!! She refused to get up & was shouting & finger pointing & claiming she had a badly injured leg. I couldn't believe it & in no time a staring crowd was circling. I tried to help her get up but she pushed me away & kept shouting & causing a huge scene. She refused to budge & remained sitting on the road looking like an absolute fool. I thought 'f**k you' & was about to do a runner but realised they would track me down as being the only non Chinese around here most people know where I work etc so thought that may make things worse. Her family rolled up & the abuse continued & I was starting to lose my cool as suddenly I was guilty of a horrible act even though no-one saw it & she was a f**kin dopey Chinese crossing the road while not looking while suddenly altering her course & speed...f**k it pissed me off. Then her family said I must take her to hospital, I said 'What for, theres nothing wrong with her'. I got on to the phone to a Chinese friend who came to meet me with my boss. We all went to the hospital & I was shaking my head in disbelief at how such a trivial incident has been blown up into titanic proportions & this f**kin rice growing peasant s**ty is getting away with all this crap. The doctor examined her & couldn't find anything wrong with her!!!! Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!! isn't it greattttttttt. But the family then said she now suddenly has heart problems & unless some money is given they will go thru every hospital test & other hospitals if necessary to prove she has heart problems....f**kin comical. The family demanded 1,000 rmb (2 months salary for average Chinese here), my boss paid them 800rmb, everyone was happy, except me, & we all left including the f**kin acting s**ty who incredibly made a miracle recovery & got into a departing taxi without any trouble on her own where as 15 minutes b4 she had 3 family members helping her out of a car to see a doctor. I was f**kin spewing but surprisingly my boss was calm & undeterred by the whole thing. Mind you, 800rmb is nothing to him...apart from owning a huge ****** he has many businesses in many counties in this province. They explained its quite normal & this is very common in China. I told them I'm spewing because everyone assumes I'm at fault when she clearly was not hurt as the 'collision' wouldn't have knocked over a 2 year old & she acted the whole thing from the start for extortion on seeing a foreigner and the last 2 hours has been totally unnecessary & a total waste of time for everyone. They said don't worry about it & took me out to lunch!! I find Chinese can be really nice & hospitable when you know them but many are f**kin lying cheating a**eholes. Still pisses me off when I think about it.

Still want to work there? And before you hit the "post reply" button; been there, got the t-shirt. Its for real. More real than Big Brother!!