PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FedEx pilots again reject ALPA?
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2002, 00:46
Willit Run

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone that is working for FEDEX or UPS or AA should count their blessings.. .If they think they have it so bad, Please switch with me for a few months, and then you'll have an understanding how the rest of the world lives.

From what I can tell, the Southwest pilots might not be the highest paid in the industry, but most them are HAPPY! they choose to work there knowing full well what they will be paid.. .Most everyone seems happy there, gate agents, F/A's, Pilots. . .Those folks that are making over 200 grand a year and are still bitching and whining, will never be happy!! I can gaurantee that!

One of the reasons that FEDEX wanted ALPA, was to try and gain a Cargo section of ALPA that would represent the special needs of night freight operations. There are many areas that need attention and if all the cargo operators were under one umbrella of a single union, we could affect some changes in the frieght industry through the political clout of ALPA. We have all heard the horror stories of ALPA not giving decent representation to anyone other than United, Delta, NW and the biggies, but haveing a cargo section that would be bigger than the PAX operators , maybe we could have some pull and respect.