PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle International Squeezes GA
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2005, 13:17
martinidoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad that someone has indeed checked the date of my original post.

However the problem of landing fees remains, and as we approach the summer months the "peak" period charging will again hit PPLs and particularly students in the circuit.

The problem is confounded by the fact that there is a great deal of confusion about when the peak period starts and finishes.

If this policy continues it will make it impossible to avoid operating during peak during any of the summer months.

Having recently returned from Naples Florida, I am certain that there is room for increasing the efficiency in use of the runway. As I have said before many of our ATCOs are excellent at sequencing us in (and those who try and occassionaly misjudge it and send us back to base off finals always deserve our admiration for trying to get us in).

What is really needed is a taxiway even if only grass on the South side to prevent us having to backtrack down the runway.

I must make clear, the views expressed are my own, and do not necessarily represent the views of any group or organisation with which I am affliated

Last edited by martinidoc; 4th Jun 2005 at 16:45.