PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomsonfly FTE Scheme
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2005, 11:51
niraj.patel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys!

I hope I can clear up this PILAPT thing. To the best of my knowledge there is PILAPT and there is PILAPT Plus. I believe CTC use PILAPT Plus (takes about an hour), whereas other organisations such as FTE use PILAPT. In PILAPT as you all know, there is the Deviation Indicator, Hands, Patterns and Trax. In PILAPT Plus, it is the same, except Concentration and Capacity are added on. You are also in PILAPT Plus required to do more than one test at a time.

From what I was told, Psychologists and the designers of PILAPT say that the tests examine your innate psychomotor abilities, and therefore you cannot improve your scores. I disagree, I think you can improve your scores, but then you might be trying to beat the game rather than demonstrating your natural abilities.

Boeingboeingboeing, you are correct in that they are looking to see an improvement in your scores. So it should not matter that your first score is say 5, as long as you can improve on that on the second and third attempts. What would worry them is if your score remained constantly low or decreased! Apparently a score of 10 on the Deviation Indicator is possible, but I have only reached 9. Trax is much easier I feel, 10 is within most people's reach.

I hope this sheds some more light on PILAPT.

Niraj.