PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas; the thread.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2005, 06:02
friendly fokker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FAAAs state of the union address - what a joke!

"They dont make decisions in an unprofessional or haphazzard manner! "Yeah right!

I have been informed by a senior official that two of the biggest decisions were conducted by a ring around of the FAAA executive. Yep, no sit down lengthy discussion with all the executive present. No opportunity to take a day or two to consider the facts and the implications. No time available to discuss these decisions with some of the membership they are supposed to represent. Because QF needed a decision ASAP the FAAA jumped.

The issues were 1) the EBA that we found out had been agreed to one morning when we woke up. Overnight those officials who werent in the office on the days prior were phone contacted for their supoort then and there - while they were on the phone. The other great phone around I believe was 2) the dispensation for the JFK shuttle.

I have no reason not to believe this very senior official.
Perhaps when some meetings of the membership are convened then you can ask the question is this how a concensus was arrived at on these two very important issues?