PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Life after EK
Thread: Life after EK
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2005, 15:27
Uplink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Quod Boy,

My head is not buried in the sand. What is normal in this day and age. 30 resignations out of 1200. You have obviously led a sheltered life. I have seen 35 out of 300 in my last company in the same amount of time. Do you know what we got, an extra 1% on pay. Big deal. What will happen is that a few more people will leave. It will top out at 70 or thereabouts. IMHO.

Then precisely nothing will happen and the world will keep turning. But do you know what, the guys who have left will have my respect. They will be voting with their feet. The thing you have to look at is the people joining, that is where its going to hurt most. In the general scheme of things we have had our pay rise for the year. Nothing else will change this side of April next year. People will still come, the courses are full. There are still one or two places but they will be filled. Believe me. The people coming you all are right, they are not European, but my guess is from places like Mauritius and Jamaica and the minor carriers around the world. When they stop coming then the company will be worried. Until then the company have dangled the carrot. We have had 11% and a months bonus. Thats enough in the company's eyes. If it wasnt more would leave.

Is it enough for you or are you going to depart these fair shores. If not then you will sit here and moan some more and still nothing will happen. The petrol bit is just a perk of the job.