PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Life after EK
Thread: Life after EK
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2005, 12:55
sanddancer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think there will ever be a rush to the door but I do think the airline must now get used to no longer being a 'final destination' for many - the steady trickle we see now will continue.

The package is lacking - I have had to use savings almost every month I've been here to support the salary - the company may put a sticking plaster on the problem if they feel they need to, but, they had an opportunity to demonstrate a will to once more make the package class leading at this years pay award and failed to do so.

The quality of life could be great but, the roster patterns and some pretty brutal flight schedules seem to mean that I don't get days off - only recovery days.

The big issue that I think will begin to assume more and more importance is that, as folks have less money to invest in private pensions/property etc, the poor performance of the provident fund and the lack of pension provision will mean many look to other places for a job that will take care of them (to some degree) in old age.

Many come to the Middle East to get ahead and provide for a better future, sadly, at the moment EK fails to provide adequately for my present, let alone my future.