PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How Many Pilots pull a Sickie when there not?
Old 31st May 2005, 08:54
er82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry. Had to bite the bait.
Dictionary - Until you know exactly what the circumstances are, don't be tarnishing all young pilot's the same, saying they look gift horses in the mouth.

I've been at FlyBE 2 years now, and have pretty much loved every minute of it. HOWEVER, they have absolutely no regard whatsoever for crews personal life, and couldn't give two hoots about night-stopping crews for 3 weeks out of 4. Keeping crew away from their families; adding on extra sectors at will, meaning no chance whatsoever of being able to plan any aspect of your life ; no 'reward' for being sh*t upon - a measly pay deal with no disruption payments that will ever reach our bank accounts ; oh, and the best one - shafting Dash-8 crew and putting new-joiners with 250hrs straight onto the 146 without even a sim check, and some measly bond instead of what the rest of us have had to fork out.

I don't condone FF - it's not the way to go about things as you only end up messing up someone else's life.

But don't be saying we don't know how lucky we are and how nice we've got it.
Oh, and FF is cabin crew, not a pilot, so why you decided to have a go at us, I'm not quite sure.