PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - meals on Y
Thread: meals on Y
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2005, 07:19
Gomam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
meals meals meals

well i must say most people are pretty good about not getting their choices. however sometimes i have seen the attitude of fellow workers saying "is that or nothing". I mean really this kinda attitude does suck a bit.

on the weekend i had a passenger who was vegetarian and forgot to place her order in. she was genuinely nice and i felt sorry for her, so i ran up the front and got her a nice salad from J class. Took me only 5 minutes to organise, and she was very appreciative.

I think if you explain to customers, apologise, try and get them something else or offer a free G&T it really does go a long way. Some crew are just so over things they couldnt b bothered, and if u did bother and make an effort u would find most people r pretty greatful.

I know it can be hard if u have 20 pax who are totally pissed, but guys sometimes its the little things that go a long way.

i once had a lady fuming at me over not getting her choice. She started with this song and dance about how she booked the tickets 1 year ago etc etc. I politely told her she was arguing with me over a crappy little meal, and that some people in this world go for days without a meal. (cheeky yes i know, but it had to be said). Her hubby was quiet embarassed, and told her just to take the meal. Anyways to cut a long story short, i found something even better for her. Took it down to her, not even a thank you from her. although its great to help people out and find something else to eat, people such as her dont deserve it! so unappreciative!!!