PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Life after EK
Thread: Life after EK
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2005, 06:41
Uplink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking at Shagger Boys posts, He has obviously found the place where he wants to work. I am pleased for you. Yes you have to pay attention to what goes into the bank at the end of each month. But if it is Ryanair you work for then the money is like the service you provide. No frills.

I said in an earlier post look at the package as a whole. Maths or no maths, you have to firstly look at tax, then medical, dental, school fees, accomodation, pick up for work, tax again, choice of where to fly,(dont laugh), cost of our hotac down route compared with yours, provident fund (for what its worth) staff travel entitlements, cost of fuel. I could go on some more. But lets just look at the facts. I would be interested to see what actually goes into the account each month, BUT following that how much extra you have to pay out to cover housing, schooling, medical (lets not laugh too much about the health service you just about have in uk) or the lack of non private dentists. The fact you have to pay for your accomodation when you are down route. And to boot your expenses you have to cover too with regard to food and Bev.

Finally lets look at the high work load you have to do. Multi sectors, and little time off with max hours. I bet my stress level is less. Dont forget the cost of fuel. I fill a Merc and a 4x4 for less than half of you smart car I bet.

If you still are quids in then I really am pleased for you. There is one other thought, you have to live in the UK. Rather you than me.!!!

One other thing I forgot, how many have actually resigned. Is it getting close to 200 yet or just about 30 out of 1200.

Be interested to hear.