PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Life after EK
Thread: Life after EK
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2005, 06:37
shaggin yoke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bymonek,

Before leaving EK I did a LOT of research. I suggest you do the same. Dubai is very seductive and it is very easy to bury your head in the sand and not worry about that inevitable day when you might have to leave. As for the Hong Kong airlines you can only dream of saving that kind of money.
Why not talk to the Ryan Air guys and find out the hourly rate and tax situation. Look up the top of scale for Virgin. See what a 777 driver takes in India. Talk to ANA and Dragonair. Sure, some of the jobs are less glamourous than EK, but why do you work is it to earn money or drive shinny aircraft?
Scott Fitzgerald wrote a book called the Lotus Eater, it is about you. Perhaps you should read it and change your handle.

Anyhow, I seldom write on this forum and have stated my opinion you can either give it some thought, extract your head from the sand and open your eyes or .....well ... read the book.

Good Luck

As for the original topic. Many are reacting now to the misguided policies brought in over the last 3 years more will go but only the ones that are individuals and capable of standing against the flow.
I admire and congratulate my former collegues that have shown such metal. It is EKs loss.