PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bali Verdict
Thread: Bali Verdict
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2005, 16:09
eyeonthesky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no freebies for me

"F" Module ... thanks for your honest and forthright post ...

Alas, I do remember cash for comment ... and have no fear, I won't be offered any of the inducements you refer to.

You see, I am just a working hack, not a star, not one of the glitteratti or a shock jock - but someone who actually sees his job as reporting the facts - not the shock-horror "passengers in terror" type stories.

Even if I was offered a freebie by an airline, I couldn't accept it ... you see, I'd lose my job - I work for the national broadcaster - and quite frankly it would be unethical (yes, some of us still abide by them) - and more importantly I wouldn't want to risk my super or my job security at my age (45 BTW)

I realise the story is all there to be read in the IR related posts - see my post "media request". I need living, breathing bods to talk to me -- with a total guarantee of anonimity and in strict confidentiality.

Thankfully a couple of retired QF people have already offered - and I'll take them up on it - but I need a few current employees to round out the picture.

BTW - it won't be a "let's bash Qantas" yarn either. Both sides will get their say.

all the best ... Eye.