PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Life after EK
Thread: Life after EK
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2005, 14:05
Believe Brother

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bymonek, I'm not criticising your choice to come here / stay here. I don't wish to be an expat for any longer than I have to, maybe because I really like my home country. I also chose to come here rather than go down other paths for combination lifestyle and remuneration. Unfortunately, EK has not honoured their side of the contract. As well, the lifestyle has eroded significantly over the time I have been here. I have done comparisons with both A and B scale colleagues in CX, and they are each streets ahead in remuneration (remaining savings at end of month). That means they are able to save / invest greater amounts of money, and hence reduce the amount of time as an expat. CX also offers basings, but I guess if you really dislike the UK so much, then perhaps that is not for you. And as far as the house which you have bought but is not built yet, good luck. As we know, there are just as many winners as losers in real estate. For some reason, people in Dubai think that the real estate market will not follow age old rules of real estate markets throughout the rest of the world. There will be a peak. My view is, beware of owning a villa 10km out into the desert at the time when real estate near the coast becomes available to expats as well. I think it is late this year by decree. Anyway, keep the debate coming. Most enjoyable mate.