PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - meals on Y
Thread: meals on Y
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2005, 12:57
Virgin Boi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This happens on almost every flight in the airline I work for.

We carry over 400 passengers in our economy cabins, therefore to offer them all a choice of 3 meals would mean carrying over 1200 hot meals - then throwing over 800 of them in the bin!

The airline is really quite good at guessing the number of each meal that will be requested, and generally only leaves 10 / 20 pax with their second or occasionally third choice.

Generally speaking, the only passengers who will have a tantrum when denied their meal preference are Americans, and to a lesser extent, English. In my experience, other nationalities accept what you give them with thanks.

Like fourplay says above, there are more important things happening in the world than worrying about what tiny meal you eat.

I have had a few passengers complain at me, one (American) shouted at me, and quite a few have demanded complaints forms. I guess their lives must be quite content if that is all they have to worry about!

It should also be noted that my airline, like the vast majority of airlines, can, and will happily, cater for ANY dietary requirement you can think of. We just need 48 hours notice!

Behind that curtain is not a kitchen complete with chef - its a galley, complete with harassed crew trying to please everyone with what little we have!

By the way, neetpan, are you serious about legal action!? Are you out of your mind!? Or just a typical American....

My advice to those of you desperate for the beef, dont sit towards the centre of the aircraft!