PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Life after EK
Thread: Life after EK
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2005, 12:40
shaggin yoke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No I am not bitter, why should I be? I know a lot of first rate guys at EK and it does anoy me to see the trend of eroding the Conditions of Service continue. When I was their I was like you and looked for reasons to justify the shafting.

Good for you you have property at home. Did you purchase that out of savings from EK? Do you really beleive that a new joiner will be able to repeat your success?

As for competition, sounds harsh doesn't it?

When you retire and purchase your retirement home, the value of that home will be dictated by the amount other people, your competion, are willing to pay for it. It is just simple market forces. You guys in EK earn about the same as a bus driver in the UK ( FO salary). A trades man in T5 earns 75K Sterling per year.

When your junior collegues retire do you think they will be expecting to shack up in a 2 up 2 down in Peckham. The 5 beds in Guilford will go to the likes of those guys you see occaisionally in Dubai. You know the ones in the nice suits that eat in the Vu everynight and stand in Boudois with Champagne on ice. The Oilworkers Lawyers etc etc.

The world IS competetive and you better learn that fast. In this jungle you guys are the zoo animals. Good food and a secure environment. I live in the jungle a fight for my respect and Food.
One day you too will be in the jungle. Compete or die that is the name of capitalism.

4 weeks bonus!! I hide my face in shame as you rejoice over your meagre hand out. I have senior friends that earn that in overtime and a lawyer friend who gets that in allowances monthly.

You either say no to this exploitation now or trust me you will look back one day and regret that you did not have the balls.

The weak are exploited and that is what you are right now.