PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Life after EK
Thread: Life after EK
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2005, 09:41
MR8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Isn't this a UAE law???

Ok, I know it's a bit off topic..

As far as I am aware, the rule for asking permission for leaving Dubai on days off is actually a legal requirement. EK is the sponsor of your visa, so if you leave the country with outstanding debts and do a runner, it's EK who has to cover for you. This law is 'designed' for the low salary guys on the building sites etc, but does apply to every expat in Dubai. At least that is what I have been told, and it would make sense.. Correct me if I'm talking B*LL.

As from not getting to leave, didn't hear from it before. And no, these superintendants or NOT just office girls.. These girls work extremely hard, are always available for help and never without a smile.. And I have no idea how things would work out without them... Thank you girls!!

Uplock, no offence, but not getting to leave Dubai on sick days before leave is 'normal'. Well actually depends on what you are off for.. just a cough or did you break something?? The thing is, if they would allow this, you'd suddenly get a lot of 'colds' and 'flu' just before or after annual leave, just to be able to book that trip that leaves the day before your leave starts... It does suck for the guys who are genuine sick, but then again, would you want to fly (even as a passenger) when you're feeling ill?

Maxalt, as for Big Brotherism.. A certain low cost carrier in the UK checks staff travel for guys who call in sick.. If they catch you on a staff ticket flying somewhere while you should be in bed, expect a phonecall to come in for T&B. Lalaland is watching you...

As for the topic. Heard the other day in CBC that one of our management captains got an 'emergency' telephone call while on layover about 20 resignations in a few days.. Maybe that's why LL's note on resignations came online on 25th I think, with a date of 20 May... At least they weren't lying about the situation as it was on 20/05, but really, how is it today, or will it be next week.??