PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bali Verdict
Thread: Bali Verdict
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2005, 07:31
OVERTALK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Governor General's Input

Good to see Major Gen Michael Jeffrey has the courage to express an opinion and approach the Indonesian President directly.

After seeing this shockingly unfair and unjust verdict from the Indon legal system, it will be a cold day in HELL before I or any of my family set foot in Bali or Indonesia on vacation again. No one should ever haphazard their liberty by venturing anywhere in Indonesia in a tourist capacity. I'd also ruminate deeply about doing business with Indons. I have a mate who got deeply involved in a business venture there and got very short shrift from the Indon legal system. There is no real justice to be had. He was swindled and their system just laughed at him.

I'm not saying that the people should not be helped. I won't be asking for our Tsunami contribution back. However as a tourist destination it should now be declared dead. Only the great unwashed keep going back there anyway. There are worthier destinations without the now proven risk of being subjected to a very primitive justice in a quite arrogantly simplistic legal system.