PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Our Brave Boys? Or Murdering Thugs?
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2005, 14:29
SASless

Received 573 Likes on 235 Posts
Jacko,

Why is it when politicians and press nimrods commit grievous offenses nothing happens to them? When squaddies make mistakes we carry out courtsmartials and send them to prison?

I suggest there is no justice in a system that does not demand equal punishment to those who knowingly commit acts of misconduct.

When our Liberal friends refuse to accept offensive conduct by their trusted colleagues and demand harsh punishment of those offenses....then I will cease my opposition to what is happening to our soldiers.

Equality, justice, and fair play is what I am seeking......empty words to a Liberal....but very real concepts to others.

An example....there was a suicide bombing at a mosque in Pakistan a few days ago.....lots of people killed. Show me anywhere in the Liberal Press/Media where there was any denouncment of that crime and its perpetrators. Where was the Muslim outcry.....but yet unfounded reports of mishandling of a Koran resulted in thousands marching in the streets and burning American flags. Did the Liberal Press/Media take issue with the protesters and state the truth about the situation? Not at all....no where did the press/media (except Fox News) suggest the protesters were wrong to ignore the bombing and raise hell over the unfounded press reports. Despite knowing the sensitivity of the situation...the LA Times and other outlets continue to run the story despite there being not one bit of evidence that the Koran was intentionally defamed.

I would suggest fairness and accrucacy only gets in the way of the Liberal media's quest to cause trouble for the Bush Administration.....no matter the cost to the national interest or that of the Muslims in this world.

That is why I think it is wrong to focus on the Troops and ignore the other transgressors.