PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will WJ 4000-hr min stand, in light of AC hiring rumours?
Old 28th May 2005, 02:44
brucelee

Boeing727.
I must be missing something here or you've taken my comments the wrong way. I don't use the term"low time" pilots nor do I undermine your experience. I'm simply stating that if there are no 10.000 hr pilots around then WJ and AC will have to adjust their requirements. In my course at AC, I was one of the lowest time guys at 7,000 hrs. Sure they state a minimum, but in reality they have always hired people with much more than the minimum. In the past AC has never used a fixed number of hours to pass judgement and neither do I. WHAT you have done in aviation, not only HOW much would be my criteria and so is AC's. As far as hard work goes, I , like everyone else have been there, just like you. You don't have to remind me. It's still fresh in my mind. I consider myself lucky to be where I am but not as lucky as my instructors of 25 yrs ago (yes I'm that old) who got in AC with nothing more than Cessna time. I doubt we'll ever see those days again, but certainly companies may have to lower their requirements to fill the seat given what they are paying. That's all.

Last edited by brucelee; 28th May 2005 at 02:57.