PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will WJ 4000-hr min stand, in light of AC hiring rumours?
Old 28th May 2005, 01:24
boeing727

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brucelee,

In all your wisdom on prior posts I find it hard to believe you would sound ( or come across ) so defamatory towards 'low time' pilots. 3500 hours is not bad considering my father was hired at a major in Canada 30 years ago with 300 hours total and no IFR. He constantly asks me why I haven't got a job with AC or the like. I keep telling him that the industry is very different now than it used to be. I have 3200 hours and 1300 hours of jet time and I am still a low time pilot. It has taken me 9 years of slogging around, risking my life, working my ass off to get those hours, and I have loved every minute of it. I think we all need to be reminded how it 'used' to be before we consider how lucky we all think we are now. I suppose we are lucky now compared to the slump we have all endured. 25 years ago I would have been one of the most qualified people in Canada. What happened to those days? Granted things are a lot better now than 6 years ago and I can't think of another profession I'd rather be doing but we deserve what we make.
Forgive me if I am ranting but I am passionate about what I do. I worked damn hard, slogging it out in small aircraft with heaters that don't work, putting my time in working 7 days a week, 12 hours a day and getting paid for 6. I think now that myself and every other '3500 hour low time pilot' deserves some kind of reward.

Signed,

just a low time pilot